Last Updated on
Home security has changed in the past several years.
Homeowners no longer need to pay monthly fees to security companies to have their homes monitored. DIY security systems have become the new trend, and it looks like it is one that is here to stay.
There is a wide variety of products on the market, all with different pros and cons.
You should thoroughly research a product before you buy to make sure you are getting a product that does what you want.
Today, we will review the Blink Home Security Camera System that comes with two cameras.
While Blink is a newer company, having opened in 2014, it has a lot of backing. The company was started after raising $1M from 7,000 backers through a crowdfunding site in about 6 weeks.
Blink has a team of 30+ talented and innovative employees working in house from design to implementation.
They provide wireless home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts to the homeowner with no monthly fees.
Features of the Blink Home Security Camera System
- No Fees – The Blink camera system has no recurring monthly fees and no storage fees. That means once you pay for your system, you will pay no other fees for the use of your product.
- Live View – The Blink app allows you to view your live camera feed at any time from anywhere that has internet access.
- Wireless – The camera has absolutely no wires. They are easy to install and easy to move to any location within your home. Since you can use them anywhere without running wires, they are a great option for renters. (For tips on where to install home cameras check this out this article.)
- Long Battery – The Blink Home Security Camera System comes with a battery that now lasts for two years. That means you have two years of home monitoring without needing to worry about checking batteries.
- HD Video – As soon as motion is detected the camera will start HD video recording.
- Alerts – You can receive instant alerts to your smart phone whenever motion is detected. When you are away from home this provides you a chance to deal with the situation before returning home.
- Built-in Microphone – The built-in microphone allows you to listen in to what is happening at your home.
- Multi-cameras – The Blink system allows you to use just one camera, or connect additional ones. They sell kits that come with one, two, three or five cameras.
Cons to the Camera System
There are two issues that are mentioned in several online reviews. The first is that some users have a hard time getting the cameras to sync.
They are apparently following the directions online, but still having a hard time. The second issue found is that some users experience their cameras going offline frequently.
When that happens, the only way to get the cameras back online is being physically where the cameras are.
This causes problems when homeowners are counting on the cameras while they are on vacation and one goes offline.
What People Love About the Cameras
The majority of users love these cameras as you can tell from the high Amazon ratings.
They enjoy the ease of installation and the simplicity of use. Many customers comment on how great the video quality is.
Another favorite features of the camera is how easy it is to reposition and move the cameras from one location to another.
Overall, the Blink Home Security Camera System is a quality product that people are happy they have purchased.
The system is easy to use and easy to install, which makes it a great DIY product. The instant alerts keep you notified about what is happening in your home while you are away.
If you are looking for a high quality alarm system with a camera, this is NOT your product.
If you are simply looking to keep an eye on your home while you are gone, this is an affordable option that consumers are more than satisfied with.