When you hear Gerber do you think babies? That’s not the Gerber we are talking about. We are talking about Gerber, a company that has been manufacturing products such as knives, cutting tools, and multi tools since 1939.
As they looked to offer new products to continue expanding their product line they created the Gerber Impromptu Tactical Pen. Here’s a complete review to help you decide before you buy.
Gerber is a strong company that has stood the test of time, something many businesses are unable to do. Products are built in Portland, OR in the United States.
There products are favored by huntsman, tradesman, and soldiers. Each product comes with a lifetime guarantee to put you mind as ease. They even carry a line of Bear Grylls products.
Features of the Gerber Impromptu Tactical Pen
If you are unfamiliar with tactical pens they are a personal self-defense weapon. They can be used as a regular writing instrument, but they are dual purpose tools.
They are built to be used as a means to protect yourself if you are unexpected attacked. They are typically built from steel and are sharpened on one end to be used to protect yourself.
Many are designed with special glass breaking features as well. Tactical pens are a great tool for people like police officers and contractors, but many people prefer to carry them for safety purposes.
- Rite in the Rain ink cartridge – This pen is the perfect fit for those working outdoors as it will continue to perform regardless of the weather. There are tactical pens on the market that do not include this important feature.
- Push button – This pen operates with a simple, but reliable, push button mechanism instead of having a cap. That way the pen is always ready to use and you don’t have to worry about trying to quickly take the cap off to use the pen.
- Glass breaker tip – The tip of the pen is constructed from tempered steel to help you break glass if the situation ever arises
- Pocket clip – This pen is a convenient size and has a pocket clip so you can keep this pocket within easy reach
- Easy to refill – When it comes time to refill this pen the bottom tip simply unscrews and you can slip out the old cartridge and put the new one in
- Built tough – Pen is machined from steel
- Design – The Gerber Impromptu Tactical Pen is designed to look like a pen, unlike others on the market.
This tactical pen is highly reviewed by Amazon buyers. However, there is a common complaint that was mentioned, even if it was a small percentage of the buyers.
While the click top / push button top is a favorite of some people, others run into problems with it. Some people have found that their pen gets locked into position or that the pen is difficult to click.
Using Your Tactical Pen
We have said it before at Your Home Security Watch, and we will say it again: If you are going to have a tactical pen you need to know how to use it.
This is not just a pen and there is strategy involved with protecting yourself in case of an attack. You need to know where to hit an attacker. Listed below are some of the best places to hit an attacker with your Gerber Impromptu Tactical Pen:
- Inner thigh
When Gerber created this pen they interviewed people that are familiar with weapons – police officers.
The response they received was that the most important tool that you can have to use, is the one that is in your hand – which is usually a pen.
While there are some complaints about the click top on the pen getting stuck, there are enough people that love this pen that you should feel comfortable giving it a try.