Chicago is a big city, but that doesn’t mean you automatically need a big name security company to keep your home and family safe.
In fact, Chicago offers some great small-business home security companies to choose from. When it comes to protecting your space and the people you love most you don’t want to cut corners.
We understand the importance of working with a home security company that you can trust. That’s why we did our research and came up with this list of the Best Chicago Home Security Companies for you to choose from.
These are in alphabetical order, NOT in order from #1 best to #4 best, so be sure not to miss any! 🙂
Alert Protective Services
Alert Protective Services is one of the best in the business when it comes to Chicago home security companies. One of the first ways that you can tell this is that they have been in business for 35 years.
The company is located in Chicago. That means you are dealing with people that live and work in your city. They understand your concerns and have the same goal you do—keeping their city and home safe.
They will help you choose the package that is right for you. And, once they install it you will receive thorough training on how to use it.
When all is said and done you have a warranty that is on average 4 times longer than the standard offered by other companies.
Alert Protective Services has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. And, their customers love them. Their online reviews mention some of the following:
- You get to deal with actual people instead of machines. We tested this out at Your Home Security Watch and a live person answered when we called. We didn’t even have to hit zero for the operator.
- Employees are knowledgeable, professional, and a pleasure to work with.
- They have all the solutions you could need in your house including the option to monitor the water level with your sump pump. An option like this helps you protect your house from flooding.
- Quick installation
- Affordable options
- They do what they say they are going to do
The best compliment that they received in their reviews is that people “feel safer” when working with this company. And, since that’s the ultimate goal it should not be taken lightly.
Here’s an ad from Alert Protective services that shows you what they value – family, security, and ease of use.
Another local company that stands above the rest is Security Doctors. The company has over 30 years of experience in the Chicago area.
All of the security professionals are trained on not only the technical side of their job but the customer service side as well. Security Doctors is also rated an A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They have a variety of package options to help you choose exactly what you need to keep your house, family, and property safe.
They even offer a 100% low price guarantee which is impossible to beat. If you find a lower price somewhere else they will match it.
The online reviews of the Security Doctors shows the following:
- Everyone loves Carlos, the owner. People can’t seem to say enough good things about Carlos from start to finish, and it’s obvious he runs a good business. Customers feel that he truly cares about protecting their families and homes.
- They are thorough when it comes to helping you understand the options and choosing the right products.
- Fast response time and great communication
- The process is easy from start to finish. People describe the experience as “seamless”
- You can get all the information you need and answers to your questions.
Skynet Security Systems
If this name sounds familiar it’s because Skynet was the AI in the Terminator series. Someone had to use this name, it’s too perfect!
Skynet Security might not be from the future, or developing “Terminators”, but they sure do have a handle on home security.
The company has been in business for over 15 years and also has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
A quick glance of their website might have you thinking their focus is on commercial accounts, but don’t let it fool you, Skynet Security is more than qualified to protect your home.
The professionals at Skynet Security talk to you to truly understand what your home security needs are before just selling you a package you might not need.
Their goal is to exceed the expectations of their customers and when you read the reviews you can tell that they are achieving their goal. Here are some of the things that the reviews mention:
- Their solutions are cost efficient
- Very responsive and easy to reach
- Provide thorough training on their options and make sure customers understand
- They work to provide each person with whatever it is that they need. You aren’t put into a box with this company, they want to make sure you have what you need.
- Techs are friendly
- Competitive pricing
VinTech Systems is another Better Business Bureau A+ rated home security company. This is the first minority women-owned security business that obtained an Illinois Alarm Contractor license.
VinTech prides itself in not trying to fit customers into a “one size fits all” option of packages. Instead, they sit and talk with you to hear your needs and concerns before deciding what solutions are the best fit for you.
VinTech even makes it easy for you to compare their services and pricing with others.
If you are shopping around on prices and options they are happy to look over other quotes that you have received to help you determine if you are getting the best options for what you need at the most affordable rate.
Cheaper is not always better when it comes to home security, so they want to help you make sure you are also getting the coverage that you need.
Here are some things mentioned in their customer reviews:
- Customer feel like their concerns are being listened to.
- When you call during office hours you speak to a real live person.
- Fast and efficient services
- You get to work with the same people when you call or email which makes it easier to get the answers you are looking for.
We contacted VinTech to ask them what they think sets them apart from other companies in the area.
Here is what they said: “We think it is our customer service, and technical support, that sets us apart. For instance, when clients call us, they are able to talk to our tech support directly. There’s no automated voice message system. We like to think of ourselves as personable, and so public relations is a strength. In addition, we grew our business mainly through referral and returning clients. That is how we’ve reached where we’re at today.”
Here is a testimonial for VinTech by Rockwell Partners.
Home security these days is a must. Some companies are on top of their game, while others aren’t. Having an intimate knowledge of the technology used these days and how it works exactly is no small feat. We hope if you are reading this that one of these companies will suit your needs, and please leave us a comment if you found that this was the case. Thanks, and good luck!