Last Updated on
You need to find a high-quality, reliable exit device when looking for a panic bar for your business . There are lots of options, which can make choosing the right one difficult.
Business owners need to choose their panic bar based on their business needs. Today we are reviewing CRL’s Cross Bar Panic exit Device to help you choose.
The company C.R. Laurence has been around for over a century, although it was incorporated in 1961. The business is headquartered in California.
They specialize in the glass and glazing, while also manufacturing a wide array of products. C.R. Laurence strives to produce high quality American-made products that are distributed around the world.
They pride themselves in being a “customer company” through their actions, and not just their words.
Features of CRL’s Cross Bar Panic Exit Device
This C.R. Laurence panic bar combines simplicity and durability.
- Custom Sizes – The bar itself is 42″ when received in the mail. Consumers are able to customize the panic bar to the size that they need it to be. The bar can easily be cut down with a metal blade to the size you need. The cut edge hides inside of the pockets which creates a smooth look.
- Handed Options – This bar can be purchased as either a left hand reverse bevel or a right hand reverse bevel to meet your door specifications. To determine which handing you need look at the outside of your door. Left handed doors will swing out towards you.
- Finish – CRL’s Cross Bar Panic Exit Device comes in dark bronze.
- For use with hollow metal or aluminum doors.
- There is the option of using this panic bar as a keyed entry with additional purchases.
What People Like
CRL’s Cross Bar Panic exit Device meets the expectations of those that have purchased it. This is a simple and basic panic bar that does exactly what it says it does.
Previous purchasers are pleased with the fact that the exit device holds up well under heavy use, and that it can be easily cut down to the specification of the door size.
You can work the lock on this door with a screwdriver. As mentioned above you can purchase additional parts to transform this into a keyed entry.
The instructions that come with the product are easy to understand, which is helpful for a quick installation. People like that this exit device is affordable and most importantly, that it works well.
What People Don’t Like
While many people thought that installation is fairly simple there were some reviewers that disagreed.
It wasn’t that they thought installation was incredibly difficult, but you need to be precise when drilling the screw holes for installation.
There are no bells and whistles with this panic bar.
If you are looking for a product that will alarm you when someone exits out of the door this is not going to meet your needs.
CRL’s Cross Bar Panic exit Device is a reliable panic bar that delivers on what it promises.
If you have an aluminum or hollow metal door and are looking for a basic panic bar exit device this is it. You simply install it and forget about it.