Outdoor solar lights can play an important role in your landscaping. It helps illuminate sidewalks, walkways, and beautiful landscaping, but it also helps keep you safe. Criminals do not want to draw attention to themselves and will usually choose to avoid a house that has a well-lit exterior. If you are ready to light up your yard outdoor solar lights are the way to go.
Benefits of outdoor solar lights
There are many benefits that come from using solar lights in your exterior.
- Landscaping – Solar lights can really play up your curb appeal and landscaping. When you invest money into creating a beautiful exterior with luscious gardens you want to draw attention to it. Aim outdoor solar lights in these areas to show them off at night.
- Security – As we mentioned above, adding additional lighting to your exterior will help to deter breaking and entering. A well lit up yard helps keep anyone thinking about illegal activity away. You want to make your yard light enough that it would be easy for someone from the road or a neighboring house to see what is going on in your yard at night.
- Safety – If you or your guests are coming or going when it is dark it can be easy to trip on unlevel sidewalks or walkways. Help keep everyone safe by using solar lights along the edges of the path. You will not only help protect others but also your bank account by avoiding accidents that could result in legal action.
- Lower energy usage – Lights that work by solar power help keep your energy usage in check. Not only will you keep your electric bill down, but it’s a good choice for the environment as well. And, you won’t have to worry about turning the lights on or off.
What to look for when buying outdoor solar lights
With so many options on the market, it can be difficult to find the right solar lights. When you are comparing lights look at the following features:
- How much light does it give off?
- Will the design match your landscaping?
- Do they stick out of the ground or will they be flush with the surface?
- Are they LED lights?
There are many great options available, of which we have reviewed many. Here are three of the best on the market, according to our research:
Voona Solar Bollard Lights
If you are looking for outdoor solar lights to line your walkway or accent your garden, Voona Solar Bollard Lights are a great option. They have a simple and modern design cylindrical design. The lights are stainless steel and have a frosted lens that gives off a more natural looking light. They don’t have the large solar panel that some landscaping lights have, and they are still able to put out 5lumens of light.
The lights use AA Ni-Mh batteries, which are more efficient than many others. After fully charged the lights will work for up to 8 hours. They come completely assembled and ready to install. It’s as simple as pushing the metal stake into the ground and then putting the light over the top of the stake. Once installed and charged the lights will begin working each day as becomes dark.
These lights are highly reviewed and customers love the look of them placed throughout their yard. They put off a warm white light that helps keep your house and family safe. While these lights aren’t the cheapest option on the market, they are also not the most expensive, and they work well making them a great value.
Tomshine LED Solar Lights Outdoor Ground Lights
The Tomshine LED Solar Lights are a different option because they push all the way into the ground making the lights flush with the ground. The solar lights come with a rechargeable battery that will work after only 6 to 8 hours of sun light. Once charged the lights will work for up to 10 hours. The LED bulbs give up to 40lumens.
Since these lights push all the way into the ground people like that they are easier to work around in the garden when taking care of your landscaping. Some people also don’t like the solar lights that stick up out of the ground, considering them an eyesore.
Urpower Solar Lights
These Solar Lights by Urpower have been around for awhile and this is the third generation. The lights have continued to be improved as new additions come out. These lights are different from the other options we have shared in the fact that they can be mounted to an exterior wall as well.
They come with large solar panels and large LEDs which help them put off enough light to illuminate the areas of your yard and house that you want to be shown. They provide a warm white light to help provide security and safety to your home while also creating a beautiful glow to accentuate your landscaping.
Outdoor solar lights provide multiple benefits when you place them in your yard. Help make your house secure while also boosting your curb appeal with any of the lights mentioned above.