Last Updated on
There are a variety of lock styles on the market all claiming to help keep your home and family safe by making it harder to be broken into, but which ones work?
One of the widely recognized brands of locks have several options for you to consider. Here are our top recommendations for Schlage bump proof locks.
Top Schlage Bump Proof Locks
Schlage Touch Camelot Deadbolt
This lock is very highly reviewed with users and removes all chances of being bumped or picked because there is no keyhole.
The Schlage Touch allows you to program up to 19 codes into the system and removes your need to keep track of a key.
- Fingerprint resistant touch screen – works well in the rain and while wearing gloves.
- Completely keyless
- 19 programmable access codes – allows homeowners to grant individual codes for each family member, babysitters, petsitters and contractors
- Easy installation
- Has a warning light for when the battery is getting low. If the battery dies before you change it, you are able to jump it with a 9 volt battery.
- If an incorrect code is entered 3 times there is a wait period before you can try to enter another code.
- Pick proof and bump proof due to the keyless entry
The only problem with this lock is that it can be drilled open from the bottom. The one complaint that arose about this lock repeatedly in some reviews was this factor.
However, the fact remains that no residential lock is going to be 100% safe from criminals. To drill a lock is time consuming, noisy, and not the most common way that the common criminals are going to attempt to break into a house.
This is a good solid option for a keyless home lock that is bump proof and pick proof. We feel the pros far outweigh the cons on this Schlage bump proof lock.
Schlage B60N 619 Single Cylinder Deadbolt
Before we begin here, I want to remind you that no lock that uses a key is going to be pick proof or bump proof.
At some point someone will find a way to pick or bump any lock, so what you want to look for are the locks that are the least likely to have the common criminal know how to do it.
- Snap ‘n’ Stay technology allows for easy installation
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 – highest grade of protection against lock picking, kick-in attacks, wrench, hammer and crowbar.
- Fits a standard door
- Interior thumb turn
- Includes 2 keys
- 5-pin tumbler C keyway standard / 6-pin tumbler is also available
The main con with this Schlage B60N lock is that it contains a keyhole, which leaves even the slightest possibility that the lock could be picked or bumped at some point, compared to keyless entry doors.
The other complaint that is heard is that the lock doesn’t fit properly on the homeowner’s door. The number of complaints is very small compared to the high reviews that this product receives.
This lock is a good example of one of the Schlage bump proof locks. It is an affordable option for any homeowner to use to protect their home and family.
The easy install makes it a good product for anyone, just verify that the lock will fit well with the dimensions of your door.
Schlage Plymouth Keypad Entry with Flex-Lock and Flair Style Levers
If you are looking for a lock that is not only effective, but offers a higher quality design, this is a great option for you.
The lever style door and colour options provide an upscale look, while the lock provides safety and security for your family. This is another great example of Schlage bump proof locks.
- Keyless access
- Able to lock and leave without needing a key
- 10,000 different combinations for user codes
- Availability to program 19 different codes.
- ANSI/BHMA grade 2 certified
- Comes with 9 volt battery
- Easy to install
- Relocks automatically after 5 seconds
- LED illuminated keypad
- Pick Resistant and Bump Resistant
Some users feel that the automatic locking should be in the list of cons. It is a frustrating feature for those that want to be able to leave their door unlocked for a certain period of time.
The other main complaints that you will see online is about the lock not working once installed.
I can assure you, however, that the number of people that are thrilled with this product far exceed those that were not happy.
This lock is a great option as far as design and security goes. It is highly reviewed online and it’s not hard to tell why, not only are you able to open your door without a key, but with the automatic locking you never need to worry about forgetting to lock the door behind you.
Final Thoughts on Schlage Bump Proof Locks
Schlage is a great manufacturer of locks, both residential and commercial. Their name has been in the industry for a long time and is easily recognized.
While there are no truly “bump proof” or “pick proof” locks on the market (that have a key hole) this list of “Schlage bump proof locks” are a great place to start when looking for your next residential lock.