Last Updated on
- Rust-proof, weatherproof camera used mainly for outdoor, but also indoor surveillance
- Easy to install and mount (comes with all appropriate mounting equipment)
- Great day and night quality thanks to the advanced IR cut filter
- The resolution of this Microseven M7B57-WPS wireless IP outdoor camera is 1280×960 (H.264 Triple Streaming , Full 960p video at 30FPS) which means it has extremely high picture quality – more than sufficient for security purposes
- Free Live Streaming on microseven.tv – Micro SD card, FTP, NAS, NVR storage – Built-in Micro SD card Slot up to 64GB (SD Card not included – buy one here)
- You will be able to check your home from remotely from anywhere 24/7 since it allows live monitoring via mobile device, PC, and tablet
- It is ONVIF-compliant and enables multiple camera viewing on one screen – or, more precisely – up to 16 cameras
- The motion detection system is highly sensitive you’ll be informed of all movements via notifications on your phone
Making Your Home Defensible
With the way things are today, it is a totally reasonable thing to equip your home with a fully equipped home security system, in order to prevent things like break-ins and burglaries.
In order to make your home defensible, you need a few things, and one of the first things people usually get is one or many security cameras.
Of course, they all can’t be good, and it is our job to learn the truth about which cameras are good and which are not.
Today, we’re going to look at the Microseven M7B57-WPS Wireless IP Security Camera, to see how it stacks up against other smart home security cameras.
But first, the video below shows the importance of having a good security camera in your home or business.
Microseven M7B57-WPS Package
What you get when purchasing this outdoor/indoor security camera from Microseven includes the following:
- The camera itself
- 4 adapters
- Wifi antenna
- 3 screws, an Allen wrench, and 3 mollies
- 1 power cord
- Camera software for Windows
- Contact information
The installation of this outdoor camera shouldn’t pose any sort of difficulty to the user – even a not-so-handy-person – as many reviewers have gone on to say that it is actually a very simple camera to install that will probably take you around 15 minutes to complete the entire procedure.
For those who have already bought this camera and aren’t sure what’s next, the following video shows detailed instructions of how to install the Microseven M7B57.
To recap quickly, here’s the installation process described step by step:
- Remove the small plastic cap, and you’ll see the connection point for the Wifi antenna. Take the antenna and screw it on. Once it’s securely fastened, you can move the antenna around for optimal placement.
- On the top of the camera, there’s a round piece you can unscrew to get to the place where you need to install your micro SDcard. The lid has a rubber ring which protects the place from water. Take the micro SD card and put it in the slot that you see there, and if you have any difficulties placing it in, that probably means that you need to flip it around. Screw the lid back on and you’ll have the micro SD card installed. Simple enough, right?
- Take the round adapter with the word ‘power’ on it, and click it together with the power cord. Connect the power cord to an outlet to get power. If you’re using POE adapter (power over Internet) you won’t need this black power adapter.
- Plug the internet cable into the square adapter, to access your local internet
- The other 2 round adapters are for microphone (the red one) and speakers ( the white one). These are not necessary for working of the camera, but optional. So if you have a microphone and speakers connect them and your camera is ready to go.
Mounting and Positioning the Camera Angle
If you have already seen the above video, you should know that for this process you’ll need the little tools that were included in the camera package, the screws, Allen wrench and the mollies.
You should use those for mounting the camera at the 3 points on the base of the camera, as shown on the picture left.
As for adjusting the camera angle, the above video explains that you’ll need an Allen wrench.
You’ll notice Allen wrench screw on both sides of the camera, and if you loosen the one below the Wifi antenna, you’ll be able to rotate the camera until you adjust it to the desired point.
If you want to adjust the height of the camera, you need to loosen up the 2 Allen wrench screws below the word “Microseven”, and you’ll be able to move the camera up and down.
Once you find the angle of the camera that suits you, tight the screws up while the camera is pointed in the set direction.
You can see on the above video that there’s one more screw between the “Microseven” word and the 2 allen wrench screws that have been just explained, which has the same function as the one on the side of the Wifi antenna.
So if you have your camera mounted on a wall, you can use this screw to adjust the angle while rotating the camera to the desired angle.
Indoor and Outdoor Security Camera
Most people use this Microseven security camera for outdoor use since it’s completely weather-proof.
However, you can also use it for indoor purposes, since it’s small (7.4 x 4.4 x 4.3 inches and 1.2 pounds) and you can easily place it just about anywhere in your home.
The quality of the picture is excellent at both places so it’s up to you to decide where you need more surveillance, indoor or outdoor, or you can always get another camera and there you go, you won’t need to choose.
Excellent Motion Detection
This security camera has such sensitive motion detection, that you’ll get emails of snapshots if there’s a sudden wind or if some small insect come along, but only if you choose its most sensitive setting.
One of the small flaws is that certain reviews have said that this camera is a little overly sensitive with its motion detection at its highest setting, if anything.
You can also receive emails of video captures, so to be immediately informed if there’s something in or around your house that makes noise.
This is pretty impressive we must say, unless you live in a place where insects are your everyday visitors.
In such case, you might think of the motion detection system as really annoying for constantly sending you images of different insects.
Excellent Day and Night Vision
This security camera gives excellent picture quality whether it records inside your home, or outside.
You would anyway expect this great quality from a camera with 1280×960 resolution, and deliver on this it definitely does.
Thanks to the advanced IR cut filter, the picture is more than clear than similar cameras and with vibrant colors that will surprise you for a wireless outdoor home security camera.
At night, you’ll be able to perfectly see what’s going on around your home since the picture is clear.
You won’t have problems identifying if something unusual is going on because the picture quality is that good.
As you can see from the picture provided here, this camera has a wide field of view, so you can actually capture the vast majority of any large yard, or parking lot at night.
That’s right – this security camera offers live streaming no matter where you are, via your mobile device.
In order to be able to see what’s going on in or around your home while you’re away or simply at work, you need the Microseven App installed on your mobile device.
From now on, you can check if your kids are doing their homework or tossing their homework aside and playing video game.
The same goes for your pets. See how your dog behaves when left all alone in your home.
If your dog or cat is the one destroying your favourite couch, your Microseven can let you know.
However, the most important use of this live streaming ability is assuring your home is safe every time you go somewhere.
Multiple Cameras at One Screen
You can watch up to 16 different cameras at the same time on one screen. This Microseven software needed to do this is compatible with Android, Windows, iOS, and Mac OS X.
So, if you have several cameras installed you won’t miss a thing by being able to see what’s happening on each of them.
Since this Microseven security camera is ONVIF compliant, it means that it will record videos without using any sort of web browser.
In other words, the videos will be automatically recorded on a storage device like NAS and NVR drives.
The micro SD card slot enables the local video storage, and the ability to record on a micro SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64GB. It can also record NAS, NVR, or FTP storage.
Different Options for Recording Settings
There are several options you can make when it comes recording of videos with this Microseven security camera.
One is setting the camera to continuous recording, another is recording at schedule times, and the last method is recording only when the motion detection system noticed something.
Of course, the last one is the most economical one since it takes the minimum amount of storage space.
Our conclusion is that this Microseven security camera is a really good choice for those needing some extra protection for their home, business, or commercial property, and it really offers a lot of value.
We think this is a great product, and the majority of buyers seem to agree. Overall, yes we do recommend this product. – 4 STARS